Make a Donation
Your contribution really can make a difference
Join the Research Team
Get stuck in as part of our Research Team
Tell me how...
Become a Member
Enjoy the many benefits of CRRU membership
Adopt a Dolphin
Help protect "Stardance" and his friends in the Moray Firth
Find out more...
Recycle for the Charity
Recycle unwanted goods to help the environment and raise funds for the CRRU
Tell me how...
Join us on Facebook
Check out all the latest news from the CRRU team
CRRU membership entitles you to VIP access to our website Members Area, with exclusive downloads, high resolution desktop wallpapers, video clips, our kids section, plus other fun stuff and offers for your privilege and entertainment.
Become a member
For just £2 a month, you can become a member of the CRRU and directly support the vital work of the charity in the following areas:
- Monitoring the status and ecology of small cetaceans in coastal whales in NE Scotland
- Determining the distribution and population dynamics of the cetacean species in these waters
- Investigating environmental and anthropogenic impacts on cetacean populations in the North Sea
- Investigating the causes of cetacean strandings in Scottish waters
- Contributing to the development and implementation of conservation strategies and the designation of marine protected areas for cetaceans in UK coastal waters
- Providing academic training and research placements for university students.
- Provision of a 24 hour rescue service for sick, injured and live-stranded whales and dolphins in Scotland
- Training courses in first aid administration, rescue techniques and rehabilitation procedures for marine mammals to students and the general public
- Publication of material advising members of the public what to do if they find a sick or injured marine mammal (via leaflets, the website, the media and published National Strandings Posters)
- Scottish representation within the Marine Animal Rescue Coalition
- Acting as a liaison group for all other animal welfare bodies working in this field in Scotland
- Facilitating rescue workshops / simulations at public shows / displays throughout the country
- Supporting media work with TV channels, national radio and the national press
- Oil contingency planning work and mitigation during oil spills
- Educational school visits (primarily within the local and wider community)
- Providing talks and seminars for the general public (local and national
- Displays and exhibits at public shows throughout Scotland
- Facilitating marine educational workshops and displays across the country - with international audiences and collaboration
- Educational work with children's TV programmes (Blue Peter, Really Wild Show, Newsround)
- Maintenance of educational website resources and campaign work.
As a Member of the CRRU you will be added to our very active email newsgroup, providing you with updates from the field team, information on important conservation issues and other interests and keeping you up-to-date with all our activities and developments.
You will also be able to access our exclusive Members Area of the CRRU website, where you will find downloads, high resolution desktop wallpapers, video clips, our "educational" kids section (for small and big children alike), plus other fun stuff and news for your information and amusement.
So please join us today and support our marine conservation work in action in Scotland – become a part of our international network of friends.
For international memberships or PayPal payments, annual subscriptions to the CRRU can be made via Paypal by clicking on the following button:
Otherwise, please complete a membership form